Modified Bitumen is a very durable product, especially in high traffic areas where access to a high density of service equipment is needed. Bitumen is reinforced with fiberglass or polyester for added durability, and manufactured into sheets or rolls for ease of application. The flexible nature of the “modifiers” allow owners to select a roof that is a thicker product and more resistant to building movement and metal-to-membrane interfaces than a built-up roofing system. One, two (the most common), or three ply-systems are available.
The advantages of a modified bitumen (MB) application include:
- Durable in extreme weather conditions
- Easy to repair
- Comes in rolls for ease of application
- Factory-manufactured to ensure quality control
- Expands and contracts with the movement of the building.
- Resists oxidation and damage from UV rays.
- Can be both “hot” or “cold applied
All Pro always specifies a multi-layer approach to the installation of MB for two reasons;
- To ensure high quality
- To allow us to offer a sufficient warranty.
Our quality standards preclude us from offering a sufficient warranty on single layer MB roofing systems.